View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kv816
Only stepping forward

Welcome to SR, Wooten!

I asked myself how many "second chances" I should give my (now) XABF many times over the last two years. It wasn't until recently that I realized I wasn't really giving HIM another chance so much as I was allowing myself another chance. Gawd--SOMETHING I did or said HAD to have SOME kind of effect on him at some point. It HAD to sink it somewhere along the way and he'd get the help I wanted him to get!!

I gave him another chance....."Honey, I don't like the glazed over, blood shot eyes anymore". Hmph, he was drinking tomorrow anyway. Okay, maybe I wasn't clear, let's reword it and give him another chance. Maybe if I say it different, he'll understand and do what I want him to do (sober up).

"You're killing yourself by drinking so much everyday". Two days later, he's drunk, again.

That was his last chance, right? Oh no, I just wasn't clear, he just didn't understand what I was saying. Let's re-word it AGAIN and try this another time.

Good lord that went on for over a year!!

The problem was HE just didn't want it. He didn't want to sober up. It won't happen until HE wants it. I so wish it would happen because I want it for him.

Only you know what the right thing to do is; though it is hard to see what it is. Look around here for awhile, there's a lot of really good posts. They will help you find your answers.

:ghug3