Old 08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by californiapoppy View Post
I drank again last night, I didn't even try to fight the urge, it was something along the line of I've been good I deserve a drink. I've decided to start a sort of journal I usually don't take the time to write things down, I'm hoping maybe that will help me focus on my alcoholism and why I really want to quit drinking.
Taking a good look at all the thought process that influence your behavior is a good path to follow. Sometimes I think is cool to have a few brews. Yet at the same time I think otherwise. But as long as I don't act on my thoughts I come closer to understanding where I have control. Sure my mind goes all over the place: drink, don't drink, don't think, think about drinking and so on, with great detail and planning too...LOL.

For me it comes down to weather I act out or not....all thoughts aside. If I choose to act out...then I do. I can also choose to refrain from acting out. I can only do my best...and with that I feel accomplished. Because I stay in addiction treatment "no matter what" That I know I can do.

So stay and stick it out "no matter what", please poppy.

Hugz and love...