Old 08-20-2009, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
djmagizco1

I also quit Suboxone cold turkey

Originally Posted by BratKill View Post

Hello, I am in the middle of acute opiate withdrawal syndrome, after coming off of Suboxone cold turkey. I know that the Suboxone will cause you to have W/D symptoms if you use ANY sort of opiate, but I'm not sure how long you have to wait. The Buprenorphine/Naloxone in the pill will cause you to get sick from introduction of any other opiates into your system.

I am in terrible, interminable pain, with nausea, muscle cramps akin to charlie horses, about every two minutes, and the leg kicks so bad that I did not sleep one second last night.

If there is anyone, ANYONE out there at all, that knows something about this medication, or has taken it, could you please contact me? I am at my wits end.

Please Help
I also Had to quit Suboxone cold turkeyas of 3 weeks. Because of the cost of doctor visits and the medication iutself. To anyone thinking about suboxone I advise not to. It has been 22 days since I stopped taking Suboxone. I was down to 8 mg once a day. The withdrawals are still lingerig. But dont let that discourage you. Even though symptoms still linger there is light at the tunnell. Because every day is actually a little easier. I will tell you the process of the withdrawal I had and length of time as well. Seems no one has posted anything of that sort so here yoiu go. Day 1&2 werent so bad. A little irritating more than anything. day 3 and for just started getting miserable. diarrhea and fatigue and anxiety began aroiund day 3 or 4. Now hte hardest part is from around day 5 to 10. This is where the cold sweats broke in and the joint pains and RLS.I know it was the most horrible thing I have ever gone through. But... like I said before,"There is light at the end of the tunnell", especially if you can make it this far. Now after day 11 or so is when things started to turn for the better. every day after this actually starts to get a llittle better. Now I am not sugesting anything but I did find that smoking a little pot now and then helped to ease Anxiety, panick attacks and cravings. And the 5 hour energy shots loaded w/ vitamin B helps a litle with the Fatigue. But anyways. It is now day 22 and yesterday was probably the best day I have had so far. Had some energy to move around alittle bit and the other symptoms were less harsh and less often.So to sum it all up I am still experiencing withdrawal symptoms but it is now tollerable at least. But the hardest part of qquitting is the first week and a half to 2 weeks. As hard as it is keep your head up and tell yourself outloud " can do this" over and over again. It isnt an easy road but it can be done, I was on suboxone for 2 years. Regardless of the doctors telling you its easier to come off of or whatever it is they say to get you or keep you on Suboxone, dont liusten. It is difficult . If you are thinking about it dont do it. If you are on it try to get off of it. At least here you have an idea of what to expect and for how long. I hope my miserable experience with this will help someone else. If there are any questions feel free to ask. Good luck and I hope this shed some light for you