Old 08-19-2009, 05:19 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post

I cheated. I never really looked at my apartment before I moved in. Some friends have lived in the apartments I moved to so since they were all basically the same floor plan I just signed the papers.
Ahhh...the truth comes out :rotfxko

One of the places we looked at is willing to take us if we pay an extra deposit. Credit is fine, but they aren't happy about the student loans we don't pay back for 5+ years when we actually finish school. UGH! Today I'll try to talk the guy down to a reasonable deposit as he wants it rented desperately.

Three more places today to look at (maybe four) and ten calls to make. It's really hard to rent here right now because of the economy. Everyone wants the one bedrooms, as they are moving "down" from the two bedrooms. Also, the local college is starting in a few weeks so we're fighting for those units as well. Its driving me crazy.

I finally made a Google Docs Spreadsheet to keep track of all the places we are calling/visiting etc.

One place actually had a gas leak in the laundry room which made us sick on the tour and another is a granny "house" that is really a mini-studio (no living room AT ALL).