Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
keithj

Tyler,

From your posts, you seem like a really likable, upbeat, fun person. For the love of anything you do believe in, please try something that isn't your own idea. I look at your join date and think it's been 7 years you've been trying to do things the same way. Yes, you change it up, you try something new, but it's always your own idea. Your own idea of what suits you, or what you feel comfortable with, or your own pick and choose program of what feels good to you.

Originally Posted by tyler View Post
I also like the theories of CBT, but feel the need for something else, but 12-step just doesn't "feel right" to me. I am developing my own personal since of "spirituality", still in it's infancy, but developing none the less.
I'm sincerely trying to be helpful to you. You can tell me to p*ss off and I won't be the least bit offended. I'm glad that you are exploring a spiritual option. But why do you have any reason to believe that have any idea of what is good for you? Your track record shows that you do not know how to stay sober. Is it possible that your ideas of what you need may not be all that reliable?

The best thing you can do to recover is to say "I don't know" and let someone show you a way that has been successful for them. I'd be happy to help in any way I can, although I'm a one trick pony on recovery.

Or, you can keep relying on what you think is best, and see where it gets you.