Thread: Retread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 10:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
sfgirl

My advice is do what your body is telling you to do now— lay down and "pretend" nap if that is what it is. Your body will work itself out. You mention surrender in the beginning of these posts. That is so important. An important aspect of surrender is taking things as they come and a part of that is taking yourself as you are. I found that in very early sobriety I had one task to focus on and only one— stay sober from mind altering substances namely my drug of choice (for me alcohol, for you pot). I took crazy naps; doing a lot of emotional and physical change tires you out. I watched so much television. Sometimes I would feel guilty about it because if I got into a space of thinking about it I would think like you, this is totally addictive, I am substituting the tv for alcohol. But the reality is that tv was keeping me in my house at night during those times I was usually out getting loaded. And in the end I now see I did not suffer from it. I think you need to be gentle on yourself. Surrender. Don't judge everything your body and mind are choosing to do to cope— ultimately if you stay sober and keep working on recovery it will work out. Try to accept everything that you do with love— I guarantee it makes recovery so much easier.