View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
frstnm
Im not crazy and neither am I

A week or so back, I came up with an idea about dating in recovery as a topic for a discussion meeting. After talking with a few people about the subject it turned into relationships in recovery.
I think we can all agree that they are tough and that old ways of thinking, speaking and acting come back to us way too easily. Or at least for me.

Turns out it was a good topic. I had thought about what I thought were all the angles and different relationships. People in and out of the program, friends, intimate relationships, but one that many hadnt thought of was an individual's relationship w a higher power or God. Not that I have alot to offer on the last one.

Another thing that came out of it was that it was a logical idea to have gone through the 4th and 5th step so that we are at least aware of our character defects before getting into an intimate or dating relationship.

Originally, I had thought that it would be a good topic for both sexes. I actually wanted to hear from the women on what is difficult for them when dating in recovery. My thoughts were that if something is tough for women that it would be good insight and might make it easier for the two involved if the cards were on the proverbial table.

Any thoughts ?