Thread: Retread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 03:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
vegibean

ZM, I don't think your brain is any different then the rest of ours.

I believed as well that unless I was drinking feeling whatever was going on in my life was going to be bad, bad, bad!! You know, I was actually relieved when I'd hear other people in the program say "life can get real ugly sometimes, bad days? Oh sure, there will be plenty of them." Because I saw so many sober people on this "pink cloud". For me, I also knew that the road I was going to travel was going to be a rough one. Not to get into it, but not a lot of help from family and unfortunately I am not "bad" enough to receive benefits or state help, so it's been a struggle.

ZM, I feel I'm a perfect example of someone who can go through the ringer and still come out doing ok. I have been struggling a lot for the past several months but I just fight through it. I feel like I've succeeded so many times in just doing that.

I've been sober almost two years now, my anniversary is right around the corner, WOO HOO!!!!! Things are different today. It has taken a lot of work on my part, a lot of patience and a lot of perseverance but I've done it!! The reward is my succeeding.

If I can do it and many of others have done it, you can too.

Glad you found us, SR is awesome!!