Thread: Thoughts Please
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 12:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
louis

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Hi Midton

I totally agree with Dee on this...

It's not the amount you drink... its how it is affecting you... and if you think you have a problem then thats what matters... its only you who you are accountable too...

I binge drank... as in when i wasn't working i was drinking... i could work 2/3 days solid... but during that whole time... i was thinking about my next drink... planning it... even to the stage i would arrange finishing times from work so i would be home in time for the pub opening... i never wanted to give myself enough time to go home first else my partner might not let me out to the pub again for a while and to me this was seriously wasted good drinking time.... thats how my head used to work... I was usually drunk in the anticipation of drinking...

I stopped drinking because things were bad for me (blackouts etc) but they were going to get worse... i never lost my job over my drinking but i did lose my partner and their kids...

You have made the right move seeking support here... the folk are so nice/friendly and have great advice.... there is definately a community spirit here..

I am glad you have found this site and wanted to welcome you

be well
louis