Old 08-09-2009, 10:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Sweets79 View Post
I keep waiting for something bad to happen also. I wish I didn't think that way , but I do.

With me, I know that comes from trusting people and being disappointed. I would like to be able to think more positive and not always be waiting for the ball to drop. One day I hope to not feel that way, I just don't know how that is going to happen. It's really not healthy to have such a negative outlook, but just wanted you to know, you're not alone
Thanks, Sweets!

I thought asking whether I am sober was strange. My mind's been working this way since I really started trying to quit in January. All negative, all the time: not healthy. When I was using I wasn't negative like this, I didn't care enough about anything outside of getting wasted to be negative.

The hardest part for me is that I was always optimistic before I started doing drugs. I always thought well of people (or as well as I could, given whatever circumstances), always tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. Now I just assume everyone's a jerk out to use me. I was accustomed to being happy, content with the people and situations in my life and now I can't seem to adjust to the fact that life's not as cheerful and wonderful as I once thought.