Old 08-06-2009, 09:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

My day was going really well until I found out the friend who was going to visit probably won't get to now. I'm sad about it. But... that's another thread. Literally. I posted another thread. Haha.

I got a shock today... like, for real. I was best friends with this girl in high school. We went everywhere, stayed at each others' houses, did make-up, all the standard high school girly stuff. After high school we kinda lost touch, I went away to college, she moved all over Creation and was hard to keep track of. I talked to her on the phone once and visited her one time when I was home maybe 3 or 4 years ago, but in the last ten years that's pretty much all the contact we've had. Our 10-year reunion is coming up and everyone's registering on our class reunion website. So... I got an email today from him (yup... you read that right. Him). I always just thought she was a lesbian or maybe bi (she always joined in with our boy-oogling at the mall, after all). Turns out she was hiding a bit more than that! I just sat there, staring at the computer screen in shock for a while. But hell, he still seems like the same person I was BFFs with in high school so as strange as it is to adjust to that... ok. I emailed back and hope he'll give me a more full account of what else he's been up to for the past years. But... wow. It really was a shock.