View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
frstnm
Im not crazy and neither am I

Yesterday, After getting a call from an automated system telling me I had an appointment today and I called them and rescheduled for tomorrow @ 840 to arrive. I called the people who arrange the rides for me to get to providers. The original apointment I have is at 1050 so I was able to get them to come a couple hours earlier so I could get to the ct scan I didnt even know I had until wednesday in late afternoon.
I got another call saying I have an appointment on monday at 840. I had no idea what this appointment was but it sounded like they had screwed up the schedule yet again and put me in for monday instead of friday. I called them back AGAIN. They couldnt fit me in at 840 as confirmed yesterday so they asked if I could come in at 930. I called the transportation company directly and they were able to change the time of pickup for the second time.
THEN I get a call from the CT scan people to confirm the appointment for 930.
They call me back 10 minutes later to "triple confirm" that I will be there at 840 ?????
OK I tell them that Im not willing to bend anymore and that they need to find someone else to be flexible or do something. She starts asking me if I can be there @ 915 or 910.....I tell them that Ive already resceheduled the ride for the second time and there is nothing I can do and it is up to them to do whatever they need to do at this point to accomodate my schedule for a change.
Then she asks (I would have KILLED if she "axed" me a question like CVS customer service said yesterday) if there is anything else she can do.
I let her know that all this calling back in forth trying to accomodate THEM is killing my phone bill and how about some lunch after Ive dealt w all this appointment CRAP !!!
FER CHRISSAKES THESE APPOINTMENTS ARE FOLLOWING UP AND INVESTIGATING COMPLICATIONS FROM THEIR FRIGGIN SURGICAL PROCEEDURES !!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT THE DG F-ING HELL, JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH !!!!!

ANGRY ? YOU BET ! RESENTFUL ? YOU BET ! FRUSTRATED ? YOU BET !
IS IT GOING TO DO ANY GOOD ?
MAYBE.

SUGGESTIONS ????
I promise not to tear your head off ! lol

I know alot of this is not in my control and I have to give that to someone in a higher authority than me but honestly I dont think scheduling is actually in their control at this medical institution called Lahey Clinic in Burlington, MA.
What a cluster F*ck !!!!!