View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I found SR quite by accident (I had never been to a chat room or message board, thus the lack of creativity in my name, lol) over 7 years ago and have posted every day since.

I came here exhausted and broken, and found some here as broken as I was, some who had been where I was and gently guided me to a better place, and some who kicked my butt when needed because I'm a stubborn old broad who can dig in her heels too easily. I love them all, each taught me something I needed to know.

Morning Glory landed here on the same bus as I did (same day in 2002) and I think she was the first person in years who could make me laugh until I hurt. There were far less members back then, so we got to know each other very well and many continue here today with me on my journey. A few I have met in person (CatsPajamas, Hangin' In, Mooselips, and Jody Hepler and 51Anna from another forum) and we became close friends on line and off. We get together at least once a year (from Ohio, Georgia, Iowa and Ontario) and each time the friendship just grows stronger. I am so grateful that recovery and SR made it possible for us to find each other and share our lives and love.

I still come here each day, because every single day I come here I learn something, I grow and I find something that helps me stay connected to my program. The old timers call me on my "stuff" and the newcomers remind me of what it was like before recovery and how I never want to go back to how it was. I watch people come here as broken as I was, and then I feel joy as I watch them find what was so freely given to me by those who went before me...serenity, inner peace, love of life and a healthy new way of living.

There is a magic here at SR, unlike anything any other site I have found can offer. We walk together here sharing our light, sharing our tears and sharing a journey that has taken me to a wonderful place I would never have found if my life had been normal and untouched by addiction. I believe God's gifts come strangely wrapped sometimes, and all the pain and sadness that brought me here ended up being the gift that allowed me to grow and to find people who shared my journey, my heart and my life.

So thank you, SR, and most of all thank you dear friends, for always being there for a codie named Ann.

Love you all