View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:38 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Sweetie, you are moving forward whether you can see it or not.

First, you are trying (and doing a good job of it so far) of getting counseling for the rapes. This is very important! Having suffered 2 myself, a very long time ago and 'stuffing' them into recovery, I know that you HAVE to do this. No, it does not make them go away, but the counseling and talking with others does put them in a different perspetive and give us the assurance that they were NOT OUR FAULT, and the acceptance that we can move forward and maie tham p0at of our ES&H to share with others down the road.

As to the codeine addiction you are taking POSITIVE steps there also. You are working with your doctor, following your Doctor's plan on tapering. You are making progress here also!!!!!

When you are having a 'rough' time, by all means use the CHAT here. That is what it is for, to be able to talk to others in 'real time'. To get immeciate 'feed back' and to keep us on track.

I M H O you are showing lots of PROGRESS!!!!! If you don't think so ............................... just go back and read this thread from when you first posted and you too will see how far you have come.

Many who join this site are still drinking and/or using when they join. That is what SR is all about.

So ............................... post when you need to or want to, and definitely use chat if you feel that will help also.

J M H O

Love and hugs,