Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Indeed, Alera, my computer was never really even boxed up. I just put it in a neoprene sleeve and set it on the front seat of my car. Laptops are awesome that way.

Oh Gypsy, that's too bad you have to move.

I'm pleased with my new apartment. I feel so much more secure knowing the druggies no longer know where I live, even if I do wake up at every little noise! It looks really empty though, I had 3 roommates and lived basically in one room and now have the whole place to myself. On Friday the rest of my furniture should arrive from my aunt's house so perhaps having a couch will help. I have one lonely chair in the living room. *Sigh*

I feel great right now. My mood began to lift a few days before my move, and I wonder if I will go back to being depressed as the "new" wears off my apartment. A friend came up and stocked my apartment with fancy candles from her mom's swanky gift shop so at least it smells pretty! Also another friend is visiting from out of state later this week, and I'm really excited about that. And I went to the chiropractor today, which was weird. I'd never been before. My neck feels great but that's not a profession for body-shy people.

Right now, TV is my anti-drug. Meaning I have no dope money because I bought a flat panel TV. It's really nice! A much better investment than $400 worth of dope, and should last longer, too. Laugh if you want, but I'm going to watch Star Trek in HD now.

Good night!