Old 08-03-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

I read this story in "Chicken soup for the Recovering Soul."

It was about a guy who had lost everything and was about to be homeless form alcohol and addiction.
He was a couple months late on his rent and so he would sneak up the fire escape through the window. It was winter time and he saw this stray cat one night. When the guy crawled up to his window and got inside. He looked back out the window and the cat had followed him up to the window and was staring in at him. The cat did this same thing for like a week strait. So the guy finally let the poor cat in. The guy finally started to get himself together. And that cat never left his side. He would leave the window open but the cat never left. So years went by and the guy was solid in his recovery. That cat had stayed by his side through it all. One night the cat was laying on the guys lap and he looked so tired. The cat did. And the guy toild him " Well my friend. You have stuck with me through everything. You have watched over me and never let me down. I will be ok now. So you can go. I will be ok."
The cat shut its eyes and passed.
I know..sappy. But thats what your thread reminded me of.
It doesnt have to be a negative thing I guess is what I am trying to say.
Could be that your going to be ok.
Hang in there.
I hope she does come back tho.