View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MrsMagoo

I have to say that I'm a little surprised at the lack of posting on this thread.

I have been and continue to be so thankful for SR and the friends I've made on here. My two best friends in the whole world have come off of SR and I will probably never have the gift of meeting them either but I know that they are always there for me (as I am them) and they will never be anything but honest with me when I'm screwing up and be my biggest cheerleaders when I'm making progress.

Progress or not, I know I can count on SR to steer me the right way again - SR is like GPS for my life. I hate to think of where I would be right now if I had never found this site and I am so grateful for where I am today - the education, the terminology, the shared victories and defeats, the heartache and pain and the triumph over self-will and co-dependency.

It's almost scary to know that we are not just "one of those people" and we are not the exception to the rule. It's a shame but I really am grateful in a twisted sense that AH is an alcoholic and addict because my truest, most reliable and loving friends live here on SR and that pretty much goes for EVERYBODY on SR.

Thank you for getting me through and thank you for your painm, the wisdom garnered from that pain and the calling to reach out and give somebody else your hand .