Thread: I snapped!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

July 10, 2009:

Originally Posted by mentallyexh View Post
He said I have to tell you something, I know what is wrong. Then he started talking and validated everything I believe and knew in my heart was wrong with our marriage and HE OWNED IT. Not blamed me, but broke down and owned it. Everything I had felt about what was going on, he told me it like someone had just told him....about his anger over me wanting him to stop drinking because that was his joy, him placing everything that bothered him on me etc.....without going to deep in to it - he too stress it all, he even said that HE needed counseling for himself because he did not know how to cope correctly, and used alcohol and anger for this....me being the target.
July 17, 2009:

Just a quick question......ok......well it has been a bumpy road, and I finally felt we were making progress. Of course as always, he said he could drink 1-2 beers and I believe he could. Over the past week it has become a pitcher and then tonight a pitcher and a few shots.
July 23, 2009:

OK..that is how I am feeling, like just a mere bump in his road...
I know I can't control him, but whenever I feel like he has a handle on things, they just seem to go downhill again - today, drinking several pitchers and goodness knows what else...
Yesterday:

but today, he had 2 pitchers (which he somehow doesn't think is very much-I'd be on the floor). Anyway, I could immediately tell from the way he way acting he had been drinking, and I was going to take the kids to a movie and leave the baby with him, but I couldn't do that the way he was, so I let him go with us....wow....he was LOUD, he fell asleep in the movie, he was just acting ridiculous, not stumbling drunk, just ridiculous. I was SO embarrassed...