View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
tangerinedream
tangerine dream

Originally Posted by babylove View Post
I don't abuse it, I take the prescribed 30mg that I'm supposed to. I notice that when I take it...I feel better about things. I feel what I believe is how normal people feel.
Dude I get EXACTLY the same feeling. My dr. used to treat me for bipolar disorder but a couple years back I stopped taking the mood stabilizers because I found I was totally fine with just the adderall. It kinda works as an anti-depressant. But then again, I guess some symptoms of depression can resemble ADHD, so it would make sense that the medications might have similar affects.

I'm aware of the fact that Adderall can be addictive for some people.
It's horribly addictive, and now I'm totally dependent on it. I literally cannot be productive in any way whatsoever when I run out or do not take my Adderall. Living with a junky did not help because I would share with him and run out 2 weeks before getting my refill, and then end up spending a hundred bucks to get more from my neighbor.

I guess thats the kicker: If you're not using drugs and you're not abusing the adderall, and it's not on your mind like 24/7 when you don't have it, and you aren't breaking your bank to get more cause you ran out too early, then you're probably fine. Unfortunately I made the mistake of adjusting my own dosage so for a time I was eating those stupid pink pills like tic tacs.

Can anyone tell me if taking a normal prescribed dose of Adderall, has similar effects of taking drugs like cocaine/speed etc?
All I know is that the normal prescribed dose should not make you feel like you're cracked out on drugs.