Thread: I snapped!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MeHandle
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

He always is able to find a way to make me believe that it isn't that much or that bad.....but I know this is just the beginning again!
Mentallyexh,

Please, pay attention to what you really"know" Mentallyexh.

I have read when you advised someone in a post, "you know when you know." Many of us here do this/have done this, or understand where this comes from.

The problem is we often really knew sooner. We just didn't have the ____________________ ( fill in the blank, each persons perspective here is different)
to act on what we really knew sooner and follow it through.

Part on what I get out of this community is why it is better to act on what I really know sooner and follow it through. The other is getting insight into what I haven't gone through/gone through yet or understanding better what i am going through.

So basically what I am saying is beware of letting your feelings rule ( your) truth , instead let truth guide your feelings.

So what do you ' really' know[=truth] today and is there anything you need to know that others here might have been through and possibly could specifically relate too, which might help you to follow through? ( on whatever you chose as your journey in relation too AH )

When one spouse chooses alcohol over their partnership and abuses this partnership, that spouse forces the other spouse to have to choose to make decisions to protect self , instead of protect the partnership. AH has forced the unity of one in partnership to have to be two people no longer in unity.

It becomes your responsibility to protect yourself when your partner not only didn't protect the partnership , he abused it. ( In protecting you you protect your children, it follows. You protect them and the future best when you are in the most healthy position you can be in.)

love tammy