Thread: is this petty?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
liesagain

is this petty?

So my husband is in treatment, and our only contact is letters except for every other weekend one night visit. At our last visit I asked that he try to write the first couple days after a visit because its better that way because i get letters during the week of no visit.... when he waits ......basically I will be seeing in in a few days............so letters the week I cant come are better than several the day before I'm coming to see him

and secondly at the last visit he said hes been struggling with depression..........so basically he lays that on me and then from last Sunday till now NOT one letter.............whenfor the past 5 weeks i get several a week

I feel annoyed
I mean for petes sake I have a JOB a house the bills school kids and two dogs.........

and i manage to write him, yet hes in treatment meals prepared work a few hours a day and classes...............and he doesnt write, expecially when he told me he is feeling depressed..........and would like to know if thats getting better or worse.....then not one letter....

I feel like it was rude thought less and basically I'm mad................with all I have to be responsibile without him here to help~~~ I manage to write yet he cant?

Not to mention I am somehow upset that things keep going wrong around the house and hes not here doing his part.........I KNOW in my head that his part is to get better but when the tub explodes and water is shoooting all over the place and I am not physically strong enough to turn the broken knob............I want to strangle him for not being here.....is that normal? Am I being over reactive ?

Is this petty? seriously I want honest opinions because I'm torn I;'m feeling disregarded yet shouldn't i just be glad hes there? I am glad hes there and hes working on getting well but sometimes it just pisses me off ya know