View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Faerie
Faerie

Ok just got off the phone to Yarrow Place.

The woman I spoke with was lovely. I told her briefly about the 3 attacks and cried profusely. Still crying. Someone will call me back next week to make an appointment to go in but I will have to wait 3-4 weeks before seeing someone. This really threw me, I guess I expected to be able to see someone sooner. I was already feeling really bad this morning and whilst I have achieved something positive by calling I now feel worse knowing I have to wait so long for help.

I'm feeling so low and have already taken 20 codeine and am at risk of taking more so I have taken my crash meds. [which I haven't needed since the tuesday after the rape and for weeks before that] I feel I need to keep myself safe today. I called my Dad to tell him I taken them so he knows and have locked the back door.

They take an hour and a half to kick in so I'll still be around for a while.

I'm glad I'm gonna get to talk to a professional I just wish it could be sooner, I think it is so sad that they are so busy.

Victims should not have to be taught to avoid rape, rapists should be taught not to rape.

After all that has happened to me I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust a man romantically again even though I rationally know there are good men like Dee and Clay out there.

Trying to look after myself,

Faerie, xx