Old 07-29-2009, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Just to warn...this is a venting post....

So as I mentioned before I got the job I was trying for. It is with a very good company that provides excellent bennfits, something that is becoming a rareity. Part of the companies "mission statement" is that it is their employees are one of their most important "comadities" as we are on the "front line" dealing with their customers. They provide 80% medical/dental/vision coverage, 100% life/major & short term disabilty, 100% tuition reimbursement for college (bachelors or masters) regardless of the major, allow you to purchase a computer at their volume price with 10% down and the rest payroll deducted for 12 months with no interest. The list goes on. Good company. Glad I'm working for them.

So I called my ex today and told her that I can get my son covered under the company insurance. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, same insurance she has now, paying $250/mo for and b*tching about it all the time. The company even pays 80/20 for depentants, so I can get him covered for about $100 buck a month. The dental she currently has pays nothing for orthedontics, which my son needs, and mine will cover it at 50%. It would cost $10 a month vs the $40 she is currently paying.

So I figure she'd be happy about this, right?? No, she has to question every little detail, even after I sent her the file that breaks everything down to dollars and cents. Is it as good as what I have now?? Will you keep your job?? Even through all of my addiction problems, one thing I stayed was employeed. My recent unemployment was only because I quit a job that I hated, but stayed at for 3 1/2 years so I could keep up with my responsibilities. While I've been unemployed my folks have paid my child support and other bills. I have never missed a child support payment since we have seperated, even when I didn't have the money. My folks stepped in and payed it for me. She has always been taken care of. I have always paid her what we agreed with even when it amounted to 40% of my take home pay. I've had to live with my folks in order to do so.

I guess I was just expecting a little gratitude or thanks for the opportunity to help her out. She's always complaining about how she has no money, etc., and I give her an opportunity to save a couple hundered bucks and she is completely "stand offish" about the whole thing.

She is a good mother and honestly the only reason my son is in my life as much as he is. She has never said a bad word about me around him, though there is a laundry list a mile long she could have used if she wanted to. I still love her with all of my heart, but tonight she pi$$ed me off!!!

I am now letting go of that.

Thanks.