View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
pjbs55

((Drained))
As the saying goes been there done that. I was married to a very controlling, verablly abusive lawyer. He knew everything, and I was stupid, etc. I stayed in that marriage believing I deserved everything he said to me. Well it was very hard when we separated, I didn't know what I was going to do. I went back to school, since in NJ he had to pay me support even before our divorce was final, got my assiocates degree in accounting.
Now 14 years later with the help of Nar-Anon I am a very strong lady, who will not believe anything that puts me down. I was weak before but now is a different story.
I see myself in you, so I am the last person to judge. I will say to attend any meeting you can get help from. If he does not like you being out every Tues., tell him you are doing something for YOU and he can kiss your ***. Just joking, on what to tell him. Please know you are as important as he is, and deserve to be happy. Do whatever you have to for you. Make a plan for you and your daughters in case you have to leave quickly. Call the county and see what is available for you, in terms of help.
You and your daughters are in my prayers. Talk to you soon,