Old 07-29-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RedTailHawk

Originally Posted by MrsMagoo View Post

For me, suddenly, I'm realizing that it could have been so much easier if I hadn't gotten so defensive. I could have done this a long time ago. The tools were right here. The support was right here but I thought I knew better. I thought my AH was the exception to the rule.

Ah, yessssss. Shouldn't it have been so easy to just pull he plug and walk away...nooooo, my AH was special; he HAD to have my help. I was the only one who could help him...when everyone else turned away, I refused because he was a human being and no one was bothering to see how special he COULD be...but not me...oh noooo, I would never turn my back on a soul - if I gave enough and I gave him the right support, it would all be better and straighten out for him. He would see that someone cared and believed in him and that would make the world shift on its axis and he would be healed!

Yes, I have had the tools and I could not - I would not - I absolutely refused to open my eyes and see the truth. The truth of the damage I was causing to him and to me...and truth of what I was allowing.

I pray I will never go back there again.