View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by drainedwife View Post
She didnt put up a fight though either...she cut her losses and he got the house and she lives in a tiny house. She doesnt make much money, can pay her bills though, but doeesnt know about her future. When the child support stops, she doesnt know what will happen. She wont be able to afford her house. I gues what I am saying is that I am so scared of what he might do, but maybe he wont do anything. Or maybe it wont be as bad as I imagine. Maybe he'll let me go, after realizing that is what i want.
I lost my wonderful, beautiful home (that of course I had paid for because I'm the only one that had a steady job); had my paycheck garnished for his bills, have had to file bankruptcy, blah, blah, blah - BUT I will tell you - once I was out of the house - no longer living with active addiction and that mental/emotional abuse 24/7 -

I would live in a cardboard box on the side of the road before I would go back to that type of a life again.
I'm Free!!

Oh Just typing the words brings tears of joy and gratitude to my eyes.

Honey - I know it's hard - I know.

I had no idea the harm it was causing me and I had over 5 yrs in al-anon before I left.

Today I see it - I know you have to make the decision in your own time - when you and your HP are ready - just know that if you need a supportive ear, you have one in me!!

Rita