View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
kj3880

Originally Posted by 28Days View Post
12 Steps is a no dice thing. I wouldn't subject myself that to that, so certainly not him either.
You wouldn't "subject" yourself to it??? Honestly, I feel NA meetings are a treat to go to most of the time. Have you ever been to a meeting?? If as you say, he has no sober friends in your area, that'd be a good place for him to find them. Thank God for NA! It has made me closer to my higher power, helped me form good clean friendships, helped me develop social skills I never had, and is where I found my sponsor, who helps me in so many ways my bf can't. I know I'm a much better partner as a result of my involvement with NA. I just finished my fourth step.

I've known some sober partners who don't want their addicted significant others in a 12-step program because they don't want to miss them for an hour a night, or because they don't trust them not to find someone to cheat with in meetings. I hope that isn't what you are worried about. I mean, if it were me in your relationship, I'd hope he would at least give NA a try. Even if it isn't your cup of tea, lots of people find recovery there. Your b/f might be one.

Love,
KJ