View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
28Days
No Day But Today

Kinda confused...

So a lot has been going on with my addicted exbf. But now I'm so confused as to what's going on and what to do with this..

After a month of not speaking to me, he showed up at my door last week. Apologized for everything, said he wanted to quit smoking pot, and wanted my help (among a ton of other things). He said he could see what it's doing to him (ruining his memory, his vocabulary, he speaks much slower now, he loses his breath faster, and there's other things affected too). He realized that he's destroying himself, his life. He says that he sees now that I'm right, and have been all along. He was going to be sober this semester.

Clearly, that didn't last long. He's right back at it. Now he's saying he's just "not ready" to stop. But he still sees all the negative things in it. Still says that he has a problem. But thinks that he can just cut back, cause he's not ready. How is it possible to SEE all the bad things and the negative, that you have a problem, and not be ready to stop. What does that even mean?

I kinda have a thing I want to talk to him about...but I don't even know if it's helpful or not. I could really use some advice guys..