View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

expectations and boundaries

Just a quick question......ok......well it has been a bumpy road, and I finally felt we were making progress. Of course as always, he said he could drink 1-2 beers and I believe he could. Over the past week it has become a pitcher and then tonight a pitcher and a few shots. I tried to just now say anything, but then he asked what was wrong and I told him. Of course, again I am controlling, I must want out of this marriage etc.....I told him if he didn't stop that it wouldn't work because I do know that I am not going to fight this battle forever. He seemed a while ago to understand and have an Aha! moment, but apparently it was just to appease me. He scoffed now at the idea of going to a counselor, and of course he isn't drunk from 5 beers and a couple shots of whiskey - but, seems to me it is headed in the SAME old directions as before. It seems to wait til I'm not looking and slowly sneak up, until it is out of control and I can't take it, then we repeat the process -t his would be the 3rd time if choose to stay. OK so here is the actually question......Just because he isn't drunk doesn't make it ok right? In my head I know that.....but, I had said drinking and we seperate...so...is that to much to ask?