View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Tsar7

The comment that perhaps the person with 7 years has something to offer the person with 25 years and is never asked to speak may be true.

Perhaps having 25 years was obtained by sliding thru the system. Perhaps it's easy to stack up 25 years. Could be there are no hard choices to make between 7 and 25 years. It could be kind of a freebee.

Perhaps the person with 25 years is an *******. Thatbis a real problem, all these dinosours that are not spiritual.

About 99 percent of people that I've seen pick up a ten year chip are gone now.

When I talk to my dozens of friends with 20 plus years they never ever speak anywhere.

My opinion is thatbthe dinosours are on a stricter program. When they do speak it probAbly sounds like they are lecturing.

Like I paid off my bills and my sponsees get a twenty cents on the dollar offer and take it. To me, you actually should pay interest on the debt too.

So we dinosours become benchwarmers while the 7 year guys knock us.

I would ask the 7 year guy;

do you still go to meetings every day

have you had stitches without pain pill

have you had a root canal without meds

have you had a colonosopy without meds

have you had your sponsor relapse and been in the room when he died

have you seen you fellowship stolen and continued to put money in the basket every night

have you hAd your ass handed to you in a meeting while everyone watches with glee, every few weeks, for the last fifteen years and kept comming back

have you started noncourtslip signing meetings, only to have the possee show up and change them to courtslip signing, then area declares all meeting must be courtslip signing and when you complained you were informed that you didn't understand the traditions

have you had a sponsee od and the family blamed you

have you complained about cop killer rap music at NA dances and been told you were trying to make newcommers relapse

It goes on and on. The point is that you earn every chip you get.

Yea, the latest song is that the dinosours are jerks. They are ungrateful.

Well, time will tell who's around in ten years. The people shooting arrows at the guys that literally devoted their lives to growing NA or the dinosours that still get out every night and go to meetings an hour a way that close after 40 minutes.

Time will tell. Talk is cheap. This month in Kansas City the birthdays are 23,12,7,7,5,3,2. So where are all those 7 year folks from a few years ago.

There used to be respect for oldtimers and now they are disdained. No wonder they fled the fellowship. But I didn't take the bait

As they say, sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me.

I'll keep going to meetings, have my ass handed to me by guys with seven years and continue to watch the passing parade.