Thread: Vivid Recovery
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
lunarise
lunarlovelunar

RIP Uncle Harry

Uncle Harry lived with my dad and I for about 3 years when I was a teenager. Although he wasnt always the best influence he loved and watched over me as if I was his. When I was 15-16 and didn't have my license yet my dad would sometimes let me drive to the store. Uncle Harry would say he needed cigs so that I could ask dad if I could drive him. (Unlce Harry never drove) Of course some times he would let me "sneak" cigs from him. I always felt safe and secure with my dad and uncle in the house. After he moved out I saw him maybe once a year for a few years but that dwindled to maybe once every 3-5 years as I got older. The last time I saw him he was in town and had a heart problem so I went to see him in the hospital. I offered to give him a ride home, which is about 4 hours from here. I cant remember why but I backed out. I wish I hadnt. That was the last time I saw him. Dad just called to say that he has been in a coma for 5 days and they are taking him off the machines. Its hard to believe. I love my Uncle Harry snd I will miss him like I have missed him for a while but this time there wont be any reunion, I hope that he rests in peace.