Old 07-14-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by jamdls View Post
I don't understand how people can give up a DOC that they really love/enjoy. I also don't understand how someone can love something that does them so much harm. Sure I can remember times when I had a great time drinking, I was outgoing, I was flirtatious, I got lots of attention---but I also remember the hangovers, the depression, the shame, the guilt... and the negatives far outweigh anything that might have been fun that now even the thought of having a drink makes me a little nauseated.
I can't say as I really understad it either, but I do LOVE my POT. It's been 2 months since I smoked and I can tell you with a large degree of certainity that if I did not have to pass a drug test to get a job, I'd still be smoking. It has completely ruined my life (well, actually I did that, but the pot helped pave the way). I've spent well over $100,000 on it over the years, lost my wife (the love of my life, still), the opportunity to raise my son, my house, the list goes on and on, yet I still LOVE POT.

That is one of the main issues I need to address with my new theripist, what it is that drives me to crave that feeling of being "half a step" out of reality. I feel so much more comfortable there. I am highly functional (pardon the pun!!) when I'm stoned, I pretty much smoked 24/7. Somehow I have to learn to let this obsession go. Not sure how yet. I'm working on it from several different angles. At this point, I'm willing to try just about anything!! Take care.