View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 09:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tsar7

The fellowship has broken into two parts. Those over twenty years and those under five years. Being over twenty years I find myself flying into cities and being picked up by people I have never met with over twenty years. You know them by the color of their shirt or cap and the voice on a cell phone. You are whisked away to their house. The next day you meet more dinosours. Meetings are held. None of these people are ever asked to speak at conventions. Because they have clean time they are the lepers of NA. No one wants anything to do with them. Then you fly homebSunday night. Next weekend it is Atlanta, next weekend it is Vegas. Always
the shirt it cap, always meeting more dinosours. Always talking recovery and why is NAWS doing what it is doing. Don't they understand. Then back home on Sunday night.

For those with less than five, it's burning up meetings.

For the five to fifteen year bunch it's no mans land. Fragmented. No dinosours to guide them as they argue with us dinosours.

The under five crowd needs sponsors but there are none as they are fragmented. The five to fifteen crowd needs sponsors but want to argue with them, so have trouble getting them.

As for me, I still burn up meetings. I get attacked if I tell the truth so I tend to smile, slide in and out of the meetings and don't go into my clean time much or where I live so they are unable to blow my anonimity when they try to.

It's a wild and whacky world. It's NA world where the circuit speakers have 7 years and the guys with 25 years listen to their wisedom.

The student pilot speaks and Scully listens to his pointers on how to ditch a plane.

You gotta love it or it will drive you nuts.

So press on, rewrite the book one more time and remember to stop and smell the coffee.