Old 07-08-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Relapse prevention: Trigger homework sheet

I was seriously on relapse level yesterday. Out of nowhere I got a call from a dealer. I did call that number a few days ago and no one answered. And I was glad. I also left it at that and didnt continue the search. But that call came back and bit me in the ass. After that call I got real sick and anxious. I was almost positive I was going to get high. But I stopped long enough to think about it and weigh the options. I thought long and hard about where this was going. And with the help of my friends here. I made it. This is a worksheet from SMART. I just did it today. I just wanted to share.

RELAPSE PREVENTION: TRIGGER HOMEWORK SHEET

1. What was the trigger? A phone call from the dealer

2. How were you feeling just before you felt like drinking or drugging? I felt fine. Maybe a little bored and wanting to have a little excitement in life.

3. What were you telling yourself just before you started to drink or drug? (Look for additional, hidden thoughts.) I didnt use

4. What did you do? I came to SR and asked for help. I went outside with the lil cousins. I went to my aunts for dinner. I pretty much rode the feeling until it passed.

5. Which thoughts led to which addictive feelings and behaviors? Curiosity of whats goin on in the city. SDo I wanted to go see what was happening. Like I already dont know. I wanted to get high from being bored.

6. What was the chain of thoughts, feelings, and actions? Got the call. Got feeling sick and anxious. Sat on the fence for a long time whether I should go or not. Thought about what will happen if I did go. Then tried to rationalize that its been awhile so it wont be a big deal. Then thought again what it was like the last time.

7. What could you have told yourself? I could have not made it an option to begin with.

8. What could you have done? I could have done thins worksheet sooner. Possibly done another CBA or ABC. I could have let someone close to me f2f know how I was feeling.

9. What emotions could you have pushed yourself to feel? Regret, guilt, disappointment. I could have felt all those feelings that always follow using.

10. How do you feel now about what happened? I didnt use. So I feel better. I feel like I won that battle. But at the same time. I still have the what if I didnt make it. I would have failed again. But I didnt. So I cant feel anything but relief.