View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
change4penny

Hi Daisy,
I'm a recovering opiate/cocaine addict, 9 months clean. I am a work in progress and I always will be.
More than ten years ago I was in an accident and was prescribed narcotic pain meds. I liked the way they made me feel, so it wasn't hard for me to get hooked.
Before entering rehab 9 months ago, I was swallowing thirty 10mg of hydro or oxycodones per day just to keep from being 'dope sick' plus, snorting/smoking an 8ball of coke along with it. What I was doing is basically 'speedballing'...I'm very lucky to be alive.
After a 10 year addiction to opiates, as you can imagine, I went through hell while in detox. That memory keeps me on the 'straight and narrow' as far as the opiates are concerned. I still struggle with the sometime urges to use cocaine.
What's helped me the most with the opiate addiction has been a drug called Suboxone.
8mg of sub per day has taken all the cravings for opiates away and has afforded me the time to get use to a life of recovery. It's been a miracle pill for me, but as I've said before, without the focus and desire to be clean...it's just another pill.
Has your husband ever tried Suboxone? Does he attend NA meetings?
Either way, I wish you and him both the best of luck.

Penny