Thread: Stong until....
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
luciddreamrgrl

I would hate for your to set unrealistic goals for your relationship. If it's one thing this message board has taught me, is to take things one day at a time, work on yourself and not expect or "paint" the future. It sounds like you are making strides in figuring out what you want for you and your children. I think it sounds like you are doing all the right things. You just have to stop letting yourself feel so much guilt. Trust me, I've been there. But eventually the guilt subsides and you realize that what you did was right.

Wether you stay or go is for you to decide. You need to ask yourself if you TRULY believe that things will be different if you give him just "one" more chance. How many chances will you give? How many chances have you already given? The things he is saying to you are his last ditch effort. He thinks he can guilt you into staying. If he really was ready to quit drinking and put his all into his relationship, he would be saying as such. Not making nasty comments to you. There comes a time when an addict says to himself, I'm done. Why am I acting this way? I'm ready to live a new life for myself and my family. He doesn't sound like he's to that point yet.

Please please don't feel guilty. You love your children and seem to be doing just fine, even though your current situation seems to be very stressful. Don't let him guilt you into thinking your doing the wrong thing because you want a better life for yourself and your children. That is ALWAYS the right thing.

Hang in there!