Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
Punish no, but, every (EVERY) slip is an opportunity to learn for the future. What did the Russians do after the Nazi drive to Moscow?* They didn't give up, berate themselves for their weaknesses, they allowed the natural impetus to run out, relied on their treacherous winter to stop the advance, and turned right around in the campaigns of '42 and used the German tactics (your AV's tactics) against them, they still lost many battles afterwards, but eventually it led to the encirclement of the sixth army at Stalingrad and the turning point in the war. So, how can you use YOUR AV's tactics against it? How can you learn from this invasion into your rationality? How can you encircle their army next time? Trap it starving in the tumultuous city of your mind and eventually send it off to your psychic Siberia to work for YOU? Learn learn LEARN from this poppy! This won't be your last battle, you may lose some more along the way, but, as long as you are aware and willing to learn from each battle, take on the tactics and use them against your AV, you will, (I promise), eventually win this war! ((((CaliforniaPoppy))))

*pardon my compulsive historical analogies > big dork here
Well, I'm not going to wait for winter, but that would definitely help. Thanks for the encouragement, just one little thing, what's AV? (I don't do abbreviations and I can't read sms messages, now who's the dork?) I'll have to ponder what happened a little longer before I can figure out how to learn from my errors.