Old 07-05-2009, 11:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
sandrawg

Yes, this is a crazy way to live!! Imagine all the time you could've been spending doing something productive and fun for yourself.

Originally Posted by blessed4x View Post
I've thrown out the beer too. I've searched the house high and low looking for bottles (and found them in some very creative spots including a Christmas tree box), I searched for receipts, I even followed my STBXAH once and hid across the street from the convenience store to see if he came out with alcohol (he did). I bet most of us here have been exactly where you are. It's really not very sane behavior. It doesn't feel good.

Have you been to Alanon? It was suggested to me, and I know it's not for everyone, but I found it lifechanging. I started both Alanon and individual counseling with a counselor experienced with addictions around the first of the year. It took me about 6 months to get to a meeting.....I had to do my research, you know. Anyhow, my point is that nothing in my life really changed until I started controlling the things I can, myself and my actions. My life now, even in the middle of a divorce with a man that my attorney says is about as difficult as anyone she has worked with in 27 years of family law, is fuller and more peaceful than ever. I could be sucked into the drama and chaos. I can choose not to be. So can you.