Old 06-30-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Hope things are looking up Nands, and good luck on the job, Misty!

Sis moved her passive-aggressive roadshow to email now, she's sent me 6 emails from the kitchen about what a loser I am. I told her to quit running her mouth about me and my friends, think whatever she wanted, and leave me alone. So when she brought it up a few minutes ago I told her again to leave me alone. Seriously I'd rather not talk to her again if she's going to tell me I'm a loser all the time. Hell, I might prefer not to talk to her again anyway at this point.

The family stress is really not good for me with the oxycontin pills sitting on the table, free for the taking. They haunt my thoughts. But I decided this was a good opportunity to show myself that I can do it. Even with drugs sitting on the table, easily available, I won't take them. It will be ok, I don't need the drugs. I just keep telling myself that.

My anti-drug for the week is helping prepare the aforementioned 65th wedding anniversary party for about 70 people. Plus I got a mini manicure kit. I just got it to make sure my nails were nice for the party, but it's become my destressing thing. I have just about the shiniest nails on the planet. If I keep buffing them at this rate I won't have any nails left by Friday.

One thing that sis said that really got to me today was that I was being irresponsible because I have an alkie friend that I have not "gotten help for." I almost laughed. I worry about him and even mentioned that his drinking worries me (but I have no room to talk or tell him what he should do) but it is not my responsibility to find help for him. He knows it is available, and he told me he knows he's a raging alcoholic and has no intention of quitting. Does she expect me to tie him up and drag him to AA (or SMART or LifeRing!!) or something? It's ridiculous.

Time to stop whining and continue buffing my nails again.