Old 06-30-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
mistycshore

Our finances have been getting tighter and tighter, and I fear they'll snap in our future. I'm trying to stay out of the future, using strategies in "Love is Letting Go of Fear," and it's working for the most part. This morning, the annual bill for house insurance came in, and I went from feeling fairly peaceful to terribly anxious.

The thing is, I have one more semester of classes to get my degree. I'm done in December. My previous part-time position was dissolved when the program I worked for dissolved in May. There's not many jobs to be had out there, and I'd really hate to start and quit (too many of those on my resume); or get stuck in one that wouldn't work with classes; or get stuck doing something I despise. Just the thought of the whole application/resume/interview rat race is enough to make me want run and hide (run to a liquor store and hide inside a video game). So, I took a peaceful moment and breathed and waited to see if any intuitive notion presented itself. One did: I decided to call my boss from the job that dissolved in May. I know she has no work for me, grant money is tight, but decided to call anyway.

Turns out, I was right. She's actually had grants cut and the organization is really struggling. But, she mentioned a lady I worked for 15 years ago that is now really busy with her own business and might be able to use me. One thing I know about her: She pays well (for this area anyway) and I'd be working from home! So I could work around my classes. I'd be writing grants more than likely since that's kind of her specialty. Anyway, my fingers are crossed.