View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Freepath
Up from the ashes

The trouble with being a group of former addicts and alcoholics involves our inability to draw upon professional knowledge or experience in the event that someone is having suicidal or homicidal ideation. That is best left to medical professionals.

I am facetious about a lot of things. I don’t like to take myself too seriously. I am deadly serious in matters of self management. If I become too unhappy with life, I am willing and ready to change where I live, the people I spend my time with and what I do. So the analogy of shake the snow globe could be construed to be too “make it happen” in it’s context. How about wipe the slate or flip the etch a sketch?

I am in the process of conducting an analysis of my life and which things need to be changed. This is a slow process because I do not want to dismantle one life that I don’t like in the name of fashioning another life that I don’t like. Nothing is sacred. I don’t care if it’s my job, my family, my friends, or my home. All areas need to be analyzed in the name of determining which ones need to be changed.

I have relapsed in the past, and I believe it has to do with failure to manage my life correctly. I suppose that adversity should not be an excuse to use or drink, but in the absence of any sources of happiness or contentment, it’s hard to find the motivation to abstain.