View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

I'm sort of faced with the same problem here..

My AH is on suboxone, but the Dr. that he sees is very prescription heavy.. honestly, everytime he comes home from her office he comes home with a new script.. this last time it was one for blood pressure medicine.. my AH is only 35 years old and has never had high blood pressure.. but when they took his blood pressure this last time it was a high reading (I'm thinking that it was either read wrong or the nurse made a mistake when she was taking it) and of course he came home with a brand new script.. why? because he is a drug addict and just because he is not getting his pills illeagaly off the street doesn't mean he still does not have a problem.. he is just getting his fix another way.

About 6 weeks ago, I asked the good people hear on this forum what I should do because under the pressure of my mother in law I was seriously thinking about writing this Dr a letter telling her that he is only abusing the drugs that she is prescribing... however the good people on this board told me that it would be a very codependent thing for me to do and they are so right..

I look at it this way... if the doc stops prescribing this medication to my AH... he is just going to get pills from someplace else... he is the one that chooses to get these scripts filled.. no one is holding a gun to his head making him do it... So I have left it alone and trust that his HP is looking out for him..

NOw with that being said.. I rather like Laurie's idea of reporting the Dr. to the State Medical Board of Georgia.. because if this quack is doing this to my AH, then she is doing it to other people as well... hmmm, that might be something that I take into serious consideration but I can't do that until I have all the documentation that I need.