View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hurtbad2505

How does he manage to pay for his MD visits and script?

Is he employed? Insured? Whose policy?
Well, he gets public assistance of course because he is on 'life sustaining medication'...i know, believe me..as much as I am grateful that he has health coverage, I dont' get it either..He works at a day labor company, and when he's 'straight' pays his bills, etc., when he's not the money goes to the guy down the street who's Dad has him sell his script out for him...nice, I know

let him go be a big boy, man up, sink or swim, fish or cut bait, get a dang life. OR carry on exactly as you are....i do NOT mean to sound harsh, only REAL...he's big enough to ride the rollercoaster all by himself now.......LET HIM.
I didn't think anything about your post was harsh...it's stuff I need to hear and I' am working hard to get to this point...I told my H tonite that when AS is in his right mind again we are going to sit down and have him think of options..because I truly can't do this anymore. I'm am 47 years old and this is when I should be enjoying my life...going out on the bike for the day and not worrying that S is ripping the house apart for aluminum to sell, hiding my damn car keys and wallet because when he is on the binge and runs out...all hell breaks loose. This has to end and I know it. I have reached the end of my rope. He (AS) was rambling tonite about taking his tent and living on the railroad tracks coz we want him to leave...I was like, ok..sounds like fun..do what ya gotta do. He's still here....

Ya know, I was reading on another post about how us parents have a hard time being 'tough' with our A's when we aren't pissed at them. I think that is why it's taken me soo long to get to this point. He can be sober, clean and a joy to be around for weeks at a time, we enjoy being around him and let that hope that 'this is it' creep in and then ... whammy...the monster returns. It's hard to make that turn around on a dime like they do. But the more I live with this, the more I see that it is the only way...letting him actually be a grown up. Cripes, when I was his age I was raising a 3 year old and pregnant with another! Sure I screwed up, I wasn't perfect...but H and I provided for the kids and knew when it was time for party time to stop and real life to begin...and isn't that how it is supposed to be???

In addition to her script, she buys them off the internet anyway, which is expensive but easy.
In retrospect I see this too...I took 8 of his pills..not doubt he is using the money he was suppose to use to pay for his drug screen to buy replacements...

Yeah, stealing pills from the addict is as effective as pouring out an alcoholic's beer. It will do nothing but **** them off and motivate them to get more (and hide it better next time).
You know what's funny? And not in a good way. When I got home this evening all he could think about was where were those pills??!! Like they are the most important thing in the world. No matter that he broke my last bit of faith in trust in him, no matter that he has turned into a monster in a matter of hours since he filled that script...nope. The pills that are missing are the center of his world right now. Amazing and sad...