View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
josoares

Relationship with a recovering A.

Hi there,

Help! I am currently dating a recovering alcoholic on what I believe is in his 4th step. He attends mtg everyday and sometimes 2 a day. Things had progressed along pretty well until a month ago when he started being distant. Contact became only through text. He avoids me as much as possible as he stated that he could not handle our relationship at this time.He states there is too much going on and he needs to focus on himself to get better. I know there are a lot of emotional baggage going on but just to cut someone of that way is too weird for me. He has not broken off the relationship. he is keeping me in limbo. Is this normal for the A behavior? My first instint is that he wants out. He is selfish and emotionally unavailable. Help! Do I just leave him alone or should I support him? Is it normal for A to just cut contact and expect the other person to deal with things alone. I love him and he is a great guy and I believed we had a future but this is realy taking a toll on me. Anyone out their with any advise?