View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ago

OR:

to everyone reading this thread, along the lines of "speck in their eye log in yers etc"

Who here has made a complete and total amends to every single person you have ever harmed, inadvertently or on purpose?

For every single spiteful and hurtful thing you have ever said, or do you justify it with, well they deserved it because ________

We all do the best we can with what we have, as we go through life as we learn better we do better.

I have seen a number of people I know in my life get sober, and done the same thing, waited around for amends that never came.

Turns out it was far more important to me then it was to them.

I am DEAD certain I have missed some amends, but I plug away, when people appear if I remember them I will make an amends, and quite often even ask, "Hey, is there anything I owe you an amends about?"

But I'm dead certain, somebody somewhere is angry at me and thinking I am doing my program wrong because I didn't give them an amends to their satisfaction.

/shrug

Like Anvil, a few amends I have made was simply the decision to avoid these people as no matter what I did or said it would just harm both of us.

However, if anyone in the world came to me with unhealed pain and asked for help in removing it, ie, I was really really hurt by XYZ I'd totally give them an amends.

I tell you as a practicing alcoholic that is pretty thorough, the amends I give outnumber the amends I receive by about 99%

It does get frustrating