View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Thank you all for this thread...

I think it is very human to expect an apology. Especially when it is so DAMN OBVIOUS the other person has hurt you greatly. And repeatedly. Somehow it seems like an insult to never hear an apology...

But then only people that have self awareness and love themselves enough to perform a personal inventory, can ask for an apology.

I believe when I ask for an apology it is not for the other person, it is just to close one of my circles and provide peace TO MYSELF.

So, again if someone does not ask me for an apology, it is not because of ME, it is because they are not in an emotional place yet to be able to look back to the past with honesty, acknowledge their role and release it in peace... or maybe they did, and thought I had every reason not to want to hear from them again and preferred not to bother me...?

Thanks to Ago I realized I could make up anything about what xabf really thought about me, what he feels/felt but I will never know. I prefer to think I will just never know his part, and its OK. That comforts me more than thinking he still blames me, etc. etc. all theories are equally possible so please do not torture yourself with these "theories" that he never felt remorse, this just hurts you.

Yesterday I was thinking what I would do if exAbf ever asked forgiveness. I realized the only one who can forgive him is God/HP. I am not God. I cannot "forgive" anyone. I can just forgive myself.

I hope its allowed to put this link
Closure Redux Getting Past Your Past

Hope it helps. All the best!