View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 01:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Jaman34

Hi Kelly...I was hooked on oxycodone for almost 4 years, up to 50 pills a day, 10 at a time, plus other narcotic painkillers brought on by an injury at work and 3 subsequent surgeries on my arm. Please know, I know how you feel when your on them. Thats why its so easy to get hooked and they really get a hold of you. But my body just kept growing tolerance for them so i took more and more untill an accidental almost overdose. That was on June 1st/2009. I wanted off them because they were literally ruining my life. I didn't go out, had no ambition to do anything but get high...no sex drive(brutal for the wife) and I asked my Family Physician to help me 3 times and he wouldn't. Said I needed the medication. It was finally an Emergency room Doc. that helped me. She asked if I really wanted to quit and I said yes, was just a little scared of de-tox. She prescribed me a med called cloinidine which is a blood pressure medication and is not a narcotic or addictive.I took that 3x day for 3 days. It would help with the withdrawal symptoms she said. The first day and a half I slept interupted often by diahreeah...then I got "restlessleg syndrome" and had real difficulty sleeping for 3 more days. Hardly any at all. By day 5 I was feeling sooo much better and right now at day 23, I feel great!....it's up to you if you really want to do it...I had people to help me..my wife and my family and I really feel for you having noone...please feel free to message me anytime and if you even want me to call you or something..let me know....there are people to help...I really hope you make it!!