View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Surlyredhead
Life is Grand

Hi and welcome.
My name is Cathy..Alcoholic! I want to a 90 day inpatient treatment(yes, I was scared too). By the time I got there, I was so tired, it was a relief to be told when to go to sleep, when to wake up, eat, group etc. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't exactly easy, but it was a lot better than what I was doing before! I was sick for two solid weeks, then the fog started to lift and I actually began to feel like a human physically. Let me assure you this one thing, there is nothing that happened in treatment, that was harder than drinking and being on the street. After I completed, I stayed at the treatment center for over a year working with the new people and earning $75 twice a month. At least I was safe, I also completed my aftercare while living at the treatment facility. It hasn't always been easy, but I owe that experience to over 15 years sober! Be strong, you CAN do this. It won't always be easy, but it WILL always be worth it! I used to wonder how I was going to have fun sober, now I see that I wasn't really having fun AT ALL drunk!!!

Cathy