View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bernadette

I'm scared of single life, I've been a single parent before - different issues, but it is hard.
It is hard mentallyexh-- but not impossible! A little plan and baby steps in the right direction will take you a long way! The journey begins in your mind - allow yourself the possibility that being single again might actually be wonderful, and peaceful, and allow you to present a picture of strength and self-caring to your sons and daughter!

We have a daughter together and he admitted that if anyone ever talked to his daughter the way he talked to me....that that would be the end of them. SO...why am I different?

He's an alcoholic mentallyexh, don't try to see any rationality or reasoning in why he does what he does, or why he says one thing and does another. It's just what addicts do. The regular rules don't apply so if you keep trying to understand him you will make yourself crazy! Spend that energy understanding you and figuring out what you want your life to look like. And when he says stuff like that just picture a duck quacking! He actually cannot predict how he'll eventually speak to his daughter as she grows up if he continues drinking.

Good luck at your AlAnon meeting - I found a lots of great tools there for helping me get the focus off the alkies and onto me !!

peace,
b