View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
mistycshore

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
I cleaned the house today, but I didn't finish folding laundry (I despise it), so I now have a large load of laundry on the couch.
LOL. I do that too. I can't decide which I hate more - laundry or dishes. I'd rather scrub the toilet because at least that job stays done for a while. Right now feels a bit overwhelming because we had carpet put in in March (yes, three months ago), and for that we moved out all the furniture and took all the internal doors off their hinges. So now, we have nice carpet, two chairs, a TV, one bed and no doors. I've been procrastinating (read: drinking) for so long that everything feels overwhelming. My to do list would include:

Do dishes, clean kitchen
Do laundry
Sweep and hose down patio and driveway
Finish clearing out bedroom (so we can move into it)
Paint bedroom door and rehang it
Mow and water front lawn.
finish painting hallway
start painting the exterior back of the house (we repainted the front of the house over a year ago and stalled. So the front is pretty in neutral colors and the other three walls are severely chipping blue with white trim!)

Part of me looks at that list and thinks, "No wonder I drink." The better half says, "It's BECAUSE you drink that nothing ever gets finished!"